Be prepared for disruptions, risks, and challenges before they happen!
Our world is affected by ever-changing, unforeseen world events. Business disruption is increasingly common. Now more than ever, businesses need to be able to resolve problems quickly to manage external volatility better. Leaders position themselves for an agile response when they anticipate the possibility of change.
Oliver Wight has more than 50 years of experience in quickly assessing your situation and offering rapid solutions that impact your top and bottom lines. Oliver Wight is ready to help companies by assessing and then presenting their findings and recommendations to respond and adapt to changing business conditions – in the near-term, mid-term, and long-term. We have experience working with business leaders to model the future and create actionable plans.
What Are Oliver Wight Business Preparedness Services?
Oliver Wight’s approach deploys time-proven planning methods for managing change and uncertainty. Our preparedness services will deliver a profile of your company’s current planning methods, a future state design, and a customized plan that fits your immediate needs. These services can include:
- Business Readiness Appraisal – Assess your current business processes and present recommendations to prepare your company with approaches to deal with any disruptions when they happen
- Diagnostic Review – An evaluation to determine your business’ unique market and supply chain planning challenges in the context of best practices
- Integrated Business Planning – The ability to align and synchronize near- and mid-term plans to long-term plans and business goals
- Assumption Management – Identify key factors that influence demand and base your demand plan numbers on those assumptions
- Integrated Scenario Planning – The creation of simulations that consider demand shifts, supply capabilities, and financial implications
- Integrated Tactical Planning – Produce integrated tactical plans for managing changes in demand and supply in the near term
- Inventory Governance – Ensuring the right level and mix of inventory
How We Help
Oliver Wight’s team of expert practitioners has experience in planning and managing under all business conditions. We know how to create plans that can be adapted when external forces disrupt business. We also know how to prepare contingency plans in advance. In doing so, gaining optimal business results is top of mind.
Our methodology includes:
- Advising, coaching, and mentoring on the best planning approaches to be ready for anything the future may bring
- Education and workshops to quickly develop the processes for planning the transition to a post-recovery and renewal business environment
- Progress assessments to monitor the effectiveness of your readiness appraisal findings and to help problem solve as issues arise
Value of a Business Preparedness Service Program
Those companies that make assumptions about the future and plan accordingly – and then adapt as conditions change – are best positioned to drive business growth in uncertain times. The organization has direction that spurs action rather than reluctance to make decisions. The ability to adjust as conditions change becomes a routine activity and skill.
Companies can out-maneuver their competitors in responding to customers. They also have the means – adaptability – to leverage opportunities in the marketplace and supply chain.
What Clients Say
“The Marzetti team had already developed the skill of planning based on assumptions. The leaders and managers were comfortable not knowing everything about the impact of the COVID virus. They still made assumptions and developed scenarios and plans. When more was known about the conditions, the assumptions driving scenarios and plans were updated. And the needed decisions were made.”
Navigating Good and Bad “Weather” – Marzetti client profile
“Crown Laboratories was able to respond to the ever-changing conditions in a timely manner by evaluating all different scenarios, opportunities, and risks in a very short amount of time to make sound decisions. There were very trying times for everyone globally, and I think this really helped us weather the storm in a much more effective manner.”
Client Testimonial Video – Crown Laboratories
Insights on Business Preparedness Services
- IBP Insights
- ITP Insights
- Scenario Planning Insights
- Gain Future Leverage by Managing Improvements During an Economic Downturn
- Aggregate Planning: How to Overcome the Mindset and Perils of Detail Dysfunction
Client Success Stories:
Webcasts and Videos:
- What’s the Magic in 13 Weeks? Integrating the Master Schedule with Commercial and Product Teams
- Inventory Governance: Is Your Inventory Problem Really More of a Symptom?
- Assumptions: The Key to Successful Demand Planning
- Scenario Planning
- Successful Execution and the Role of Integrated Tactical Planning
- Executive Level Panel Discussion – Planning Through Business Disruption and Uncertainty