If we learned nothing else from COVID, we learned that the worldwide supply chain was hopelessly unprepared to deal with the immediate effects of significant disruption and the implications of coming back from it once the supply chain had virtually emptied itself of all buffers and the pandemic had ended. Factories were caught in the middle of the supply chain between significant abnormal demands and an unresponsive supply chain. Many of them broke under the weight of disruption. Now, more than ever, companies are investing in their factories and planning processes to gain competitive advantage. It’s up to those in leadership positions in the factories to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to properly set and execute the plans they have created to meet customer needs. This class will give you the insights and knowledge to align plans more effectively and drive execution to achieve operational excellence and “Fix the Factory.”
The events of COVID were unprecedented in many ways and while we may never see disruptions of that magnitude again in our lifetime, we do know significant disruptive events will most certainly occur again as they always have. Will you be prepared to effectively manage through them? The best time to optimize your business processes is before disruptive events occur, not while you are in the middle of them.
What is the Operational Excellence: Fix the Factory Course
This course is a hands-on learning experience where you will actively apply best practice supply chain theory to operational practice. In this class you will learn:
- How to segment your product portfolio, inventory, suppliers, and customers.
- How to master basic foundational elements of Master Data Integrity and Inventory Record accuracy.
- Properly connect top-down aggregate plans and bottom-up detail plans to accurately size the business, and drives executional performance.
- Transparently address capacity constraints and plan for success.
- The role a robust Master Scheduling process plays in buffering against demand variability.
- Develop strategies to define inventory needs properly and manage Inventory volumes effectively.
- How to measure and report performance to drive behavior and improve results.
When there’s a clear understanding of who manages plans, and why processes work, and how they align with your Value Discipline, you can improve your company’s competitive position in the marketplace through Operational Excellence by fixing your factory.
This course comprehensively overviews Supply Management best practice methodologies, getting the most from an Enterprise Resource Planning system, and practical applications. It covers the end-to-end supply chain from the point of view of the manufacturing supply point, revealing how everything fits together in an intricate web of connectedness.
What You Learn
Learn to understand and speak the language of supply – basic principles.
Participants will learn:
- The role of integrated planning ERP systems vs the role of spreadsheets
Technical mastery of topics including:
- Master Data,
- Inventory Record Accuracy,
- Distribution Requirements Planning,
- Master Scheduling,
- Material Requirements Planning,
- Capacity Planning,
- Production Scheduling and Supplier Scheduling,
- Alignment on best practices and definitions.
Value of the Operational Excellence: Fix the Factory Course
This course explains Supply Point Planning and Execution Best Practices, daily tasks that improve business performance, and clarifying respective roles and responsibilities. Participants leave this course with a foundation of what it takes for supply chains to deliver excellent customer service while keeping operating costs and cash investments in inventory under control.
Promo Codes Available:
Operational Excellence: Fix the Factory and Master Planning & Scheduling are offered back-to-back. Attend both, save 25% – use the promo code Take2 and gain actionable insights to confidently implement best practice solutions!
use EarlyBird for 20% off
send 3 people for the price of 2- use 3for2