When companies struggle to launch new products on time and existing products seem to live forever, it calls into question how well products and portfolios are being managed.
A formal Product & Portfolio Management process, with decision making authorities well defined, boost a company’s performance in the market place. Gaining alignment on what this process should – and should not – do is one purpose of the Product & Portfolio Management Course.
Companies that follow the structure advocated in this course report dramatic improvements in product success, increased sales, and achievement of strategy and business goals.
What Is the Product & Portfolio Management Course
This two-day course addresses the fundamentals of Product & Portfolio Management. It is designed so that participants can immediately apply what they learn to adopting or improving their PPM processes. How to integrate the PPM process with Integrated Business Planning and the demand and supply plans is also addressed.
What You Learn
The instructors have many years of experience in helping companies to implement and improve their Product & Portfolio Management processes. They thoroughly know the fundamentals. They also share insights on ways to devise the process and maintain connectivity throughout the organization.
Participants will learn:
- The fundamentals of a strategy-driven product portfolio and management of that portfolio
- The basics of a stage-gate process and the project management practices that are critical to success
- How to create feasible plans with adequate resources to execute product development projects
- How to align Product & Portfolio Management with the Integrated Business Planning process
- Use of performance measures to continuously improve market place acceptance of new products and maintain a competitive advantage
Value of the Product & Portfolio Management Course
This is a practical course taught by instructors with experience in developing a strategic approach to how new products are selected, reviewed and evaluated. Participants gain a better understanding of how to structure the process. They will also know how to ensure that the best project choices are made for driving financial growth.