The business results from Integrated Business Planning are impressive. But knowing how to align all company plans to achieve those benefits may seem daunting.
The purpose of Oliver Wight’s IBP course is to show how to implement a best practice process and align functional plans every month. It introduces each step of the process.
Class participants learn what it takes to successfully implement the process. They will also understand how top companies use IBP to identify gaps in business performance with enough time to avert a crisis.
What Is the Integrated Business Planning (Advanced S&OP) Course
This course takes participants through each step of a best practice IBP process. Participants learn how to make each review step in the monthly IBP cycle worthy of business leaders’ time.
The class addresses what it takes to align product, demand, supply, and financial plans over at least a 24-month planning horizon. Participants also learn the decision-making process to close gaps between the latest plans and the business strategy and goals.
What You Learn
The instructors have long experience in guiding companies to implement Integrated Business Planning. Using their wealth of experience, they share insights on the nuances of IBP in both single division and multi-division companies.
Participants will learn:
- Best practices for structuring each step in the IBP process
- Management and the executive team’s roles in the process
- How Integrated Reconciliation is used to align functional plans and create a picture of the company’s future position in one integrated plan
- How to revise and optimize company plans in the face of changing business conditions
- How to assess demonstrated performance as the realistic basis for forward projections
This course provides the foundation for structuring an Integrated Business Planning process. Participants learn the pitfalls to avoid in setting up the process. They also learn an approach for quickly implementing IBP – and realizing the business and financial benefits from the process in a short amount of time. What is Integrated Business Planning?