e-Book – Demand Management Best Practices
Effective demand management is becoming critical to a company’s profitability. This comprehensive book provides best practice solutions that will improve overall business performance for supply chain partners and all functions within a company impacted by the demand management process.
- Presents the fundamentals for developing more reliable forecasts and schedules and shows how to build successful relationships and skills needed for collaborative forecasting and scheduling.
- Demonstrates how an effective demand management process contributes to sales revenue growth, lower inventories, increased profit margins and defines what is reasonable to expect from the process.
- Addresses technology, the human quotient, and common decision-making elements of demand management that are often overlooked, under-utilized or over-blown and puts them in proper perspective.
- Includes case examples to illustrate the concepts, principles and best practices of demand management and presents scenarios at the end of each chapter to spur further thought and provide insight on how to apply these principles and best practices.
- Provides answers for frequently asked questions and complex issues and tackles the myths of forecasting and demand planning.
Written by Colleen Crum, a retired business advisor with Oliver Wight Americas and experienced teacher of forecasting and demand management, and George Palmatier, a retired business advisor with Oliver Wight Americas and one of the early pioneers in the early development and evolution of the sales and operations planning process, Demand Management Best Practices provides solutions that will improve overall business performance for supply chain partners and all functions within a company impacted by the demand management process.
Colleen Crum with George E. Palmatier