Oliver Wight’s webinar focuses on a highly effective way to navigate the unknown caused by the COVID-19 virus – the use of scenario planning.
The presenters share the viewpoint of the executive team, who must make tough decisions in a tumultuous economy. They also share the viewpoint of the managerial team that develops scenarios to support the decision-making process.
In doing so, the presenters share their first-hand experience in leveraging the power of scenario planning.
In this webinar you will learn:
- The value of scenarios that evaluate such factors as: how long will our business be disrupted, how deep of an impact on our business, and what will recovery look like?
- How to use scenarios to recommend the best use of a company’s resources (including people, assets, and cash) in a volatile market.
- A proven framework for scenario planning that includes analysis, monitoring of business conditions, and triggers for implementing contingency plans.
- The most effective forum for presenting scenarios and recommending decisions to be made by executives.
- A process for creating scenarios when there is urgency for understanding current conditions and risks.
Pam Lindsey, Robert Hirschey, and Chris Groven
For more Scenario Planning resources during the COVID19 Pandemic:
|1. Advisories – Guidance – Policy||3. Analysis – Business and Economic Scenarios|
|US Gov – Response, Health & Safety, Travel||McKinsey – COVID19 Implications for business|
|CDC – Guidance: Individual, Employers, Organizations||Gartner – HR, IT, Supply Chain|
|World Health Org – Situation Reports, Technical Guidance||PWC – COVID19 Supply Chain Disruption|
|2. Data: Raw – Aggregated – Visual||4. Public and Consumer Sentiment|
|Johns Hopkins – COVID19 Cases (Global to Local)||Morning Consult – COVID19 Consumer Habits|
|Visual Capitalist – COVID19 Data to Dashboard||Pew Research – COVID19 Public Threats & Concerns|
|Informationisbeautiful – COVID19 Graphics||Stay Close to Your Stakeholders – Support, Align, Prepare|