A system for utilizing data from the shop floor as well as data processing files to maintain and communicate status information on manufacturing orders and work centers. The major sub-functions of shop floor control are:
1. assigning priority of each shop order.
2. maintaining work-in-process quantity information via data collection from the shop floor.
3. conveying shop order status information.
4. providing actual input and output data for capacity control purposes.
5. providing quantity by location by shop order for work-in-process inventory and accounting purposes.
6. providing measurement of efficiency, utilization and productivity of manpower and machines.